The cleaner your food, the cleaner your physical and emotional energy. Eating a colorful rainbow of vegetables and fruits as well as nuts, seeds, whole grains and legumes infuses your body with a variety of healthy vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phyto-chemicals. A healthy body helps to keep your stress levels at bay.
Makes 2 Elixirs
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp organic maple syrup
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger (½ tsp ground)
1 organic lemon, juiced
2 cups alkaline water
• In a small saucepan, add turmeric, maple syrup, ginger, peppercorns, lemon juice and alkaline water.
• Bring to a simmer over medium to medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
• Strain and divide between two mugs. You can dilute the tonic with more water.
• Drink warm or cool. Enjoy!
These supplements will also help lower your stress:
• B12 Vitamin can help to reduce stress and mental fatigue.
• Magnesium can help to balance your nervous system. It also lowers stress hormone levels and can help you ward off depression.
• Probiotics have been shown to reduce anxiety and stress.